My friend tagged me for this and said "Laila needed more face time" ;-) Here ya go!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? one month married
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? in shock and super excited
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? no way
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took 7 tests and then a blood test before Curt decided to believe it!
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? People on a message board and then Curt.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes at first then we suddenly changed our minds.
9. DUE DATE? July 12th, 2005
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? all day long for 17 weeks
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? slurpies, captain crunch cereal and homecooked meals not cooked by me
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Curt's scaredness
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX? girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? At first I wanted a boy so bad to help keep any future girls in line-lol. Then once we really thought she was a girl I was very excited.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT YOUR PREGNANCY? About 40 pounds!! When you eat 3-4 bowls of captain crunch a day it's bound to happen. It was off w/in a month or two though thank goodness
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Nothing major. I had UTI's left and right in the second tri, but that got fixed.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? In a hospital
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Less than 5 hours
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Curtis
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Curtis, my doc, the nurse and a resident quietly in the back corner
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? 100% all natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? None-got asked over and over, but refused
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 6lbs 3oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? July 5th,2005
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Laila Marie
Monday, June 30, 2008
I finally have email back!!! I am over 31 weeks along. I can't believe it! I'm getting so excited to meet this baby. Partly because of the obvious and partly because (I so hate admitting this) I'm kinda miserable. I hate those pregnant women who have nothing nice to say about their pregnancy's near the end...but I see myself getting there. My hands and arms hurt form pregnancy induced carpel tunnel, the baby feels 20 inches long already and prefers to be stretched out all the time and then there is the oh so lovely braxton hicks contractions. BUT I seriously am still in bliss. I cannot wait to hold this baby and love all over it. Laila is very in to my belly. Any mention of the baby by myself or strangers, she whips my shirt up and points out the "baby" and kisses my belly. She was at one point putting her finger in my belly button (when it was still an inny) and saying "ahh..the baby's got me". Hilarious!!! She also claims she will sleep on the rug in the hallway w/ the baby "all by herself". Interesting. She does very well w/ keeping the baby toys in the baby's room. She will play w/ them, but she knows they go back in there. Next week is our goal to get the room set up. We are waiting to paint after it is born.
And speaking of the house...it is so getting there. We are very thrilled w/ how far it has come. Except when people make comments about what else we still have to do. If you only knew the time, money, sweat and profanity that was already put into it, you would so keep your mouth shut. Plus, this is our dream house-we have forever to get things set and things will forever be needed anyway.
The pool is going! I was so not expecting that to be going this summer. It is a HUGE chunk of our checking account, but as soon as it warms up it will be worth it.
That's all for now. Here's my 29 week belly shots